There are at present 20 National Plant Collections in the Cheshire Region. In addition there are another two collections in the process of being considered for National Collection status. All collections are required to be open to the public at some time; some however have restricted access. It is advisable therefore to contact the Collection Holder if you wish to visit a collection.
The Cheshire Region is currently host to the following National Plant Collections.
• Brunnera and Hosta (tetraploids)
• Cactus (Copiapoa, Matucana and Turbinicarpus)
• Cydonia oblonga
• Geraniums, sylvaticum & renardii
• Malus and Ornamental Sorbus
• Pleurothallidinae (Scientific status)
• Pinus and Fraxinus
Full contact details for each collection can be seen by
For more information about the National Plant Collection
Scheme visit the PLANT HERITAGE main site.